Re: HYB:1812-1RE:More

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB:1812-1RE:More
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 17:56:37 EDT

In a message dated 10/1/2004 11:47:03 AM Central Standard Time, neilm@charter.net writes:

It is possible that is the result when Umbrata and plicata get expressed at the same time.

The pollen parent contained plicata and amoena plicata . . . Innocent Star, Earl of Essex and Hot Streak.  Some plicata in the background of Lemon Reflection by way of Memphis Lass.

It will be a week or so before the next one blooms.  I'm anxious to see what I'll get from the rest.  Should make for an interesting fall.  I felt sure the cross would give me fall bloom since the pod parent is a reliable cycle rebloomer and the pollen parent bloomed July thru Oct last year.

I didn't really expect anything to bloom this first fall from plants that were seed back in March!

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives