Re: HYB:1812-1RE:More

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos]HYB:1812-1RE:More
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 18:34:58 EDT

In a message dated 10/2/2004 3:32:01 PM Central Standard Time, fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net writes:

Betty, I think itâs pretty.

Thank you Francelle!

An iris friend that is also a hybridizer saw it yesterday and gave it high praise!  I was out roaming the bed looking for stalks in more sibs . .  found two!  How did that one get out of the fans before I saw it??   LOL!  I'm flagging all of them for future reference.

Anyway, as I walked past her (1812-1RE), I realized she's really grown on me.  She's not perfect, but I don't expect perfect.  If her fall bloom will hold up in the years to come, and if she looks as nice in the spring, she's a winner.

I will share the sibling with everyone as they bloom . . . good or bad.  So anxious to see if I get anything on target . . . red (ish) on bright yellow!

Anyone have a decent picture of LEMON REFLECTION?  R. Smith.

If anyone wants to see the pollen parent . . . go to the Bridge In Time website listed below and scroll down to the plicata seedling . . . 1510-1RE (bloomed July/2002, May/2003, July-Oct?2003, May/2004 . . . and still lined out 28 rhizomes in June.

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives