Re: CULT:Squirrel Damage

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: CULT:Squirrel Damage
  • From: "lmmunro" lmmunro@hotmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 02:13:08 -0000

While I don't have pictures, the ones I planted for my Mom all were
ravaged by squirrels this year. This was New York, Long Island. I
don't understand it because I live in NJ where there are tons of
squirrels and they don't bother the iris at all. Maybe it has
something to do with the food supply and the draught.
Does anyone know of something that would deter squirrels, as I would
like to replant my Mom's iris bed?

-- In iris-photos@y..., "Mike Greenfield" <redear@i...> wrote:
> Just before I left for 3 days I found this as shown in picture. Now
I can
> put up some critter damage but war has been declared on squirrels
> When I came home I had 15 rhizomes dug up and 7 had been chewed on.
It has
> been going on for several weeks now. Just too many squirrels around
here and
> they must be starving.
> Mike Greenfield
> Zone 5b SW Ohio