RE: TB: MME CHEREAU

  • Subject: [iris-photos] RE: TB: MME CHEREAU
  • From: laurief laurief@paulbunyan.net
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 03 08:18:03 -0600

>I strongly suspect that what you have now is what you will always have.

Harold,

I should have specified what I meant by a "really tiny bloom".  MC
bloomed on this first year plant with flowers that were between MDB and
SDB size - probably closer to MDB, though it's difficult to compare the
two forms.  I can't imagine such diminutive blooms on the 32" stalk with
which MC was registered.  I do grow other small flowered historics and
would never think to compare their size with modern TBs, but I'm still
assuming MC will produce larger blooms as she makes peace with northern
MN.  She's probably wondering what she did to cause Rick & Roger to send
her to such an unforgiving place.  Poor old lady!

Laurie

laurief@paulbunyan.net
http://www.geocities.com/lfandjg/
USDA zone 3b, AHS zone 4 - northern MN