Re: Re: Quality Standards
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Re: Quality Standards
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <Autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 16:42:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Rose,

The reason I asked was because it sounded like you'd purchased new introductions.  Of course, I know you are a breeder as well as a grower, so I'm aware of the anticipation of new things.  In a case like this, it's not just the lack of something for shows and personal pleasure, but does delay any chance of "using" these irises in your program, should you want to do so.  ;-)
<<be able to see they are not meeting the needs of customers when they are sending inferior quality >>
Sometimes, I think I'm on a whole different (iris) planet than others.

I agree, these were too small.

When we were working with cheap older irises from the midwest that were smaller than your pinky finger, I would have them send three or four and plant them in a clump!  Of course, those were only $2.50 or so each and I was trading cultivars.  Can't imagine receiving them as new introductions.

Betty W.
KY Zone 6