Re: PETRA MALESEVICH IS BACK!

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: PETRA MALESEVICH IS BACK!
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 18:33:24 -0500 (CDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr. Tom Croat <tcroat@LEHMANN.MOBOT.ORG>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Date: Monday, April 24, 2000 5:56 PM
Subject: PETRA MALESEVICH IS BACK!

    Dear Tom and PETRA!!!

GREAT!   Just GREAT!   I am SO happy for you, Tom, and on a personal level
will never forget the patience and kindness of Petra in editing some of my
drivel that I was brave enough to submit for publication.
Welcome back, Petra, I am elated, and good sell, Tom!   I am VERY happy for
both of you.   Hope to see both of you in Miami in Sept.

Cheers,

Julius

> Dear Aroiders:

     I am happy to announce that Petra Malesevich
     will come back to work for me on May 1st.  Most
     of you know that she was my Research
     Assistant for many years until she left about a
     year ago to follow her husband's career to
     another city.  In the end her husband John
     decided not to take that opportunity and instead
     changed career's, instead going into a new field,
     investment counselling.  He now operates his
     own branch office of a major brokerage firm and
     they will continue to live in Fenton which is near
     the Missouri Botanical Garden.   Petra had a lot
     of time invested in the Missouri Botanical
     Garden and in her love of Araceae so she
     decided to come back to work with me.   I am
     very fortunate indeed since she had many other
     more financially rewarding offers elsewhere.

     Many of you remember Petra through her
     participation with aroid research, our usually
     annual distribution of living material of Araceae
     or by her involvement in the International Aroid
     Society.   There she served in various
     capacities over the years,  as a member of the
     Board of Directors, Editor of the Newsletter,
     Membership Chairperson and Co-editor of
     Aroideana.  She is immensely skillful as an
     editor, writer, researcher and grower.   Her back
     yard is beautifull landscaped and planted with
     many interesting aroids and other plants.   She
     has helped me with every aspect of research
     and has been heavily involved with the living
     research collection, having served as the
     Manager of the Research Greenhouse for a
     number of years  before joining my research
     staff on the south end of the Gardens.    She
     represented the IAS Board at the VI International
     Aroid Conference in  Kunming in 1995 and
     attended the Annual Show and Sale in Miami.
     Because of her various skills and her
     experience with Araceae I am very lucky indeed
     to have her back working with me.   On behalf of
     aroid enthusiasts everywhere I want to welcome
     her back and wish her a long career in research
     here at the Missouri Botanical Garden.<<