FTG amorpo update 4/19/2001

Amorphophallus gigas (#84) = 129" tall and opening.  No odor yet.
A. henryi (#2736) third & 4th in bloom. With 2 in bloom, I had to move them
outside for awhile. They were making my volunteers and I nauseated.
A. paeoniifolius (#2741 & #2318) about to bloom.
A. muellerii (#2743) open.
A. titanum (#83) = 12" tall. Bloom or leaf? Don't know yet.

Craig M. Allen
Conservatory Manager
Fairchild Tropical Garden
10901 Old Cutler Road
Coral Gables(Miami), Florida, USA  33156-4296
Tel. 305-667-1651 ext. 3320
Fax 305-661-8953
e-mail callen@fairchildgarden.org
web: www.ftg.org