Re: [aroid-l] Lasia pollination

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Lasia pollination
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 21:52:07 +0000

Dear Adam,

Yes, use the same method as in Anthurium. You may have to cut the spathe, but the spathe does open a cup-shaped area when the female and male flowers are 'ready'. Good luck.
Here in WPB, Florida the flowers are either pollinated by local bugs or they produce LOTS of fruit without pollination.

Julius
PS. My comp is down, I'm doing this from a friends lap-top. Will be back in a few days.

Julius