Re: [aroid-l] Dead Horse Arum

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Dead Horse Arum
  • From: "C. J. Addington" cjaddington@earthlink.net
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 20:45:20 -0700

on 4/29/03 05:09, Masterson's at masterson4@cox.net wrote:

> Hello to all!  Would anyone know where a plant addict in Southern California
> can get a Helicodiceros muscivorus?  I would love to have one smelling up my
> garden.  Thanks!
> Mike Masterson

Hi Mike!
    I am in the Central Valley of California, just outside of Sacramento,
and I have a nice clump of Helicodiceros going in my back yard. It's still
in lush growth thanks to the late rains, but once it goes dormant I will be
digging it all up to clean and sort the corms. I would be happy to send you
some offsets at that time. It seems to be a fairly hardy plant in our
Mediterranean climate. I have not gotten a bloom yet, but some of my plants
appear to me to be close to adult size. I expect a stinky flower or two this
next spring.
    If you send me a mailing address, I can put you on my offset list. I
will have plenty of other things available at that time as well if you are
interested - many Arum species, Dracunculus, Pinellia, etc.
    Have a great Mayday!

CJ Addingon