Re: [Aroid-l] Off topic: Lycopodium in arrangements question

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Off topic: Lycopodium in arrangements question
  • From: Regferns@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 07:48:38 EDT

Steve (and others who might be interested),

Is there a photo of the floral arrangement so that we might be able to see which Lycopodium species you are referring?  I have a large collection of Lycopodium, and they are quite varied.  (I am attaching a page of some of the plants in my collection:  www.tfeps.org/lycopodium_squarrosum.htm) I suppose some species could be used in a flora arrangement, but I am not aware of any that are.

Growing them from cuttings can be done, under great care and a watchful eye.  Some species are easier to propagate from cuttings than others.  They tend to linger and rot, unless you pay close attention to them and use a free draining medium. Charles Alford in Vero Beach, Florida and Chad Husby in Miami have also grown these plants from cuttings.

If you have a photo, please send it on to me.

Reggie Whitehead