Re: Steve's pages ARE science

Science is a process.  Naming plants is a process that
is on-going.  Steve is an easily accessible source for
information on a selected group of plants that he
grows and has interest in.  That it is available in
such a format at all, is a blessing.

Mr Graff was very trusting, and when he came to photograph our bamboo, we explained that we doubted our names were AT THAT TIME YEARS AGO, correct, but they were the best names we had. he said, oh, that's OK, and I had already figgured out that he was most interested in getting the IMAGE out there, and less so in the horrible world of taxonomy, and if he waited for correct names, his books would have been about a tenth the size and not NEARLY as interesting, so for this reason, i give him a special dispensation on NAMES. I do not do this very often! not even to myself!

Aroid-L mailing list