Deni Bown's Book

I see the Bown book is a topic of discussion again so it is probably
appropriate that I tell you what I know is happening behind the scenes.
Please note that this information is several months old.

Last year we saw much discussion of this subject on Aroid-L. I resolved
going into the first of the year that I would start a quiet campaign at
Timber Press to get this book back into print. Setting aside all the
details on what transpired, I had several talks with Timber Press and
Deni Bown. It turned out that the publisher wanted to get the book back
in print but their publishing agreement with the author had expired. It
was also clear that the author want to uddate the book and get it
published again. The parties had not talked to each other so I put on
my Kissinger hat and got the two together.

I'll inquire next week to see if the wheel is still turning and let
everyone know. But don't become optimistic about seeing fresh books on
the shelf in just a couple of months. If the author wants to revise the
book we could be a year away from seeing it.

Don

Don Burns    Plantation, FL  Zone 10b