Re: Bac ha

Greg Ruckert wrote:

> With a growing Asian community we are being exposed to more Asian culinary
> delights.
> At a local market I bought a plant, labelled only as Bac Ha (both a have
> accents which I can't replicate here), which is clearly a dwarf aroid under
> our conditions.
>
> Can anyone suggest a proper name please.
>
> Greg Ruckert
> 47 Allinga Avenue
> Glenside 5065
> South Australia, Australia
> Telephone 61 8 83795123
> Fax 61 8 83642003

Hi Greg
My name is Neil Crafter and I work on Glen Osmond Road at Fullarton....
nearly next door neighbours in terms of Aroid-L !! I am a member of the
IAS and have been a keen hobby grower and collector of philodendrons for
many years now.
I can't shed much light on bac ha but I do know of a chinese green
vegetable called bok choi - I guess the bac/bok part may be a standard
prefix for leafy greens.
Anyway if you have an interest in aroids ,especially philodendrons I"d
be pleased to hear from you
kind regards
Neil Crafter