Re: A. titanum

-----Original Message-----
To: <>
Date: Monday, April 20, 1998 4:33 PM
Subject: A. titanum

Dear Kathy,
FANTASTIC!  GREAT! A dream come true, and the answer to Jim`s hopes and his
dream.   What a shame that he is not here to share this triumph with us!  I
can only hope that all our Aroiders out there do appreciate the effort that
went into Jim collecting these seeds and getting them out to all of the
"Amorphophiles", as we used to call ourselves back when this all started.
  Congratulations to you and all at MOBOT for the work and effort that it
took to make this happen.  I never even dreamed that I`d see a bloom of A.
titanum on a plant grown from wild-collected seed in my lifetime!

>Dear aroiders:

One of the plants that I grew from seed from Jim Symon in Feb. 1995
is about to bloom.  The inflorescence looks like it will be small,
probably less than one foot tall, and since the tuber is young and
small, I suppose that makes sense.

What would be the best way to get a photo of it out to the group?  I
can have a photo scanned.  I know how to send it out as an attachment,
but would everyone in the group be able to receive an attachment?  My
computer skills are lacking.

-Kathy Upton  University of Missouri, St.Louis<