Re: SIZE, CONDITIONS

> Date:          Mon, 27 Apr 1998 15:48:36 -0500
> From:          Kathy Upton <SKKUPTO@UMSLVMA.UMSL.EDU>
> Subject:       SIZE, CONDITIONS
> To:            rob.mcclure@sci.monash.edu.au

> DON-  You were asking about growing conditions and size of the A. titanums that
> I'm growing.  Most have gone through 2 dormant periods in the 3 years since
> I received the seed.  I weighed one dormant tuber last week.
  It was 24 ounces and 5 inches in diameter.  The
> one that is flowering must be close in size to this

Hi Kathy,

I don't wish to sound too sceptical but are you sure your seeds are
A.titanums ?
If they are, then a 24 ounce tuber, only 3 years old, about to flower
sounds like a new world record to me.

Good luck and please keep us informed.

Rob.

Rob.McClure