Re: Spathiphyllum

Wilbert,

>Momentarily the breeding of Spathiphyllum is almost entirely based on
>swarms of hybrids and species names are no longer applicable or wanted.
>The one that is recognisable to species is S. floribundum, every now and
>then but the name is quite often wrongly applied to cultivars as 'Mauna
>Loa' etc., which are way too large for the species and are in effect
>hybrids too.

>Sorry but I am afraid you're attempts will be in vain.

I have had an offer from a collector in the netherlands (Hans Avelink) for
S. floribundum as well as two undefined species (ID'll be tricky, no?). I
know that there are several institutions within the UK that have a number of
Spath species - I'm trying to "cultivate" a relationship with them!

Thanks for your message, and I'll keep looking and hoping.

Kindest regards,

Toby
--
Toby Marsden