Homalomena philippinensis

  • Subject: Homalomena philippinensis
  • From: StellrJ@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 14:29:56 -0500 (CDT)

Okay,

While reading that article for my S. kotoensis project, I came across a mention of yet another Aroid species present on the same island: Homalomena philippinensis.  Since none of my previous sources had mentioned that one, and I had seen no pictures of it, I figured I had best rule out the possibility that I had studied it instead of S. kotoensis.  So, I looked it up on the Web.  Some Homalomena spp. looked reminiscent of Agalomena, but others foliar habit was too much like Schismatoglottis for comfort.  But since I saw no pictures of this particular species, can someone direct me to images and/or useful descriptions?  The majority of botany websites out there are nothing but lists of herbaruim specimens; only commercial nurseries deign to show images.

p.s., I have finally decided to order _The Genera of Araceae_ (it is past time!).

Jaason Hernandez
Naturalist-at-Large