[aroid-l] Woodchuck With Red Pepper Sauce

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Woodchuck With Red Pepper Sauce
  • From: Ted.Held@hstna.com
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 09:25:26 -0400

I knew I'd find it.

I have a recipe for Baked Groundhog (woodchuck) from Pioneer Cooking in
'Possum Trot [Tennessee] that is very authentic. Since this list may have
one or two squeamish sorts, I will refrain from reprinting the whole
recipe here, but will be glad to transcribe the appropriate lines to
anyone who e-mails me privately. Here is the last sentence:

Groundhog is an extremely rich dish, a 10 pound one will serve 10 to 12
people with left overs for hash.

In the old days, such sources of protein and animal fat were not to be
overlooked. My ancestors ate such things. Probably yours did too.

Ted.

ted.held@hstna.com