Re: [aroid-l] Woodchuck With Red Pepper Sauce

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Woodchuck With Red Pepper Sauce
  • From: Al Wootten <awootten@nrao.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 15:34:09 -0400

re: ancestors eating strange beasts...
Dad used to love muskrat (rarely on menus, listed as marsh rabbit when found),
a local delicacy on the Eastern Shore (of Maryland).
He had to cook it all day to get the musk out (but it just went into the air,
smelling up the house), then had lovely morsels of very dark meat.
He had six of them in his freezer when he died--about the easiest thing
to sell in the classifieds, we found out.  None of us kids wanted them.
Haven't lost an aroid to one yet though...

On other threads...most of my A. konjacs are in pretty deep shade; the one
which gets full pm sun has bloomed the past two years and the others never.
Arisaema 'fargesii' has collapsed in the summer heat, many of the seedlings
show an eophyll; I'll just hope for something from the species which don't
wave their little green flags.  D. vulagris never showed this year.

Clear skies,
Al
|Al Wootten, Slacktide, Sturgeon Creek at the Rappahannock|
|Astronomer (http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/)           |
|genealogy homepage  http://members.tripod.com/~astral    |
|Deltaville, Virginia                                     |