RE: [Aroid-l] Asymmetrical leaf wilt on Amorphophallus -- problem?

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Asymmetrical leaf wilt on Amorphophallus -- problem?
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" hetter@xs4all.nl
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 05:44:18 +0200

Two posible answers:

1) don't worry, I have seen it happen in many other species but always occasionally and not as a pattern

2) worry: check the base of the leaf and see if it is not locally rotting exactly at the point where you get when you follow the petiole from the wilting part staright down.

If 2: try to clean away the rotting tissue and when it is not already infecting the tuber, wait until the whole leaf collapses. If it is infecting the tuber, take it out, clean away the rotting parts and pray to the Lord of Phalloids that he be lenient with you................

Cheerio,
Wilbert