Re: [Aroid-l] Please help me with Arum IDs

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Please help me with Arum IDs
  • From: "Pacific Rim" paige@hillkeep.ca
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:16:27 -0700

Hello again, Pete. If the plant in my "elonagatum" slot is not elongatum, what is it, please? For that matter, are the top picture and bottom one in that slot of the same taxon? I was very surprised when the beautiful purple creature in the lower picture emerged from the ground. The spadix reaches almost to the top of the spathe in the upper photograph.

I have some young plants from seeds collected wild at several sites in Turkey, sent by a generous stranger who had seen my web page. I will happily submit pictures to you for ID as these plants mature.

Having blithely put your book on my Christmas list, I discover that it is very hard to come by. I will inquire about this in a separate email.

Paige

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Boyce" <peterboyce@myjaring.net>