RE: [Aroid-l] Cleaning Arum seed

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Cleaning Arum seed
  • From: Paul Tyerman ptyerman@ozemail.com.au
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 08:42:26 +1000

At 11:05 PM 10/08/2006, you wrote:
Al, you might also wear gloves- I think the pulp is irritating- someone
a long time ago complained about this (I think)
I have a lot of allergies but I didn't find myself allergic to the aroid seeds, but over the 24 hours after I cleaned them the whole surface layer of skin peeled off on my fingers where I handled them. So I guess it is an irritant, even if not an allergy in my case! LOL

Thought this was worthwhile adding as a warning.

Cheers.

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia - USDA Zone Equivalent approx. 8/9

Growing an eclectic collection of plants from all over the world including Aroids, Crocus, Cyclamen, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Galanthus, Irises, Trilliums (to name but a few) and just about anything else that doesn't move!!