Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron melinonii & mystery Anthurium

Steve et al.,

Pardon my responding to both your inquiries under the second subject
heading. The mystery Anthurium infructesence (sp?) looks like it could be
A. gracile. It would be nice to see more of the plant, but this species
certainly can look like the photo.

As for P. melinonii, I will be able to check more carefully once I'm with
my materials at work tomorrow, but I do believe that there are some
illustrations of it, maybe in the Aroideana that was like a field guide of
Araceae known at the time from Colombia (if I'm remembering correctly -
was that vol. 8 or 9?) It can have very short internodal growth, and large
leaves, much larger than your photos illustrate - heavy petiole and blade
maybe a foot to 16" wide 2' to 30" long. I have to look in my notes and
references, but that's what I recall.

It's a start - I'll try to find and then send more tomorrow.

Jonathan