Odd Colocasia mutation dissected

  • Subject: Odd Colocasia mutation dissected
  • From: Brian Williams <pugturd@alltel.net>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 16:47:01 -0400

  Julius and others. I removed one of the odd petioles off of my plant
and dissected it. I was thinking that possibly a runner did get caught
in the petiole and came out at the top portion. This does not seem to be
the case the stem is not hollow and the petiole looks to be acting more
like a runner.  It is producing a new plant out of the side of the upper
petiole. The new plants forming are already showing this odd knot on
their stems and they seem to be forming the same mutation. I took photos
of me dissecting the mutated portion of the petiole. If this is stable,
this plants growth habit should look quite odd.

Here is a link of the new pictures

Aroid-L mailing list