Philodendron self-seeding

  • Subject: Philodendron self-seeding
  • From: Don Bittel <donbit121@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:30:42 -0400

Dear All,
    Has anyone heard of any philodendron setting seed on its own in cultivation outside of it's native range? I have a friend who collected a ripe infructesence from philo stenolobum, the wide leaf form, this summer. he has not done any hand pollinating on philo. before, and I explained that it is not always successful even when done right. I have given him seeds of stenolobum and speciosum before, and he said his looked just like those.
    I have never seen any pollinators here in florida on philo flowers, but there must be something that helped this one set seed. any comments?
Don Bittel

Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it now.
Aroid-L mailing list