Re: Philodendron stenolobum self-seeding

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron stenolobum self-seeding
  • From: Michael Pascall <mickpascall@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:16:58 +1000

Don , this seems to happen a lot .
Even here in Australia , I have seen many infructesences on this sp.

Michael Pascall,

From: donbit121@hotmail.com
To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:30:42 -0400
Subject: [Aroid-l] Philodendron self-seeding

Dear All,

    Has anyone heard of any philodendron setting seed on its own in cultivation outside of it's native range? I have a friend who collected a ripe infructesence from philo stenolobum, the wide leaf form, this summer. he has not done any hand pollinating on philo. before, and I explained that it is not always successful even when done right. I have given him seeds of stenolobum and speciosum before, and he said his looked just like those.

    I have never seen any pollinators here in florida on philo flowers, but there must be something that helped this one set seed. any comments?

Don Bittel

Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it now.

Sell your car fast. Need a new model in your life?