Re: Philodendron crassinervium inflorescence

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron crassinervium inflorescence
  • From: "Marcus Nadruz" <mnadruz@jbrj.gov.br>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 07:42:10 -0300

P. longilaminatum is different from P. crassinervium, especially in relation to midrib and shape of the petiole. It is a species that occurs in the state of Bahia.

> Thanks Conrad.  I just checked the data bases and didn't find where Philodendron longilaminatum was a synonym but that gives me more to research!  My P. alternans is very slow to grow but once possible I'll gladly trade.  I've received quite a bit of mail from experts saying they believe Philodendron alternans is a unique species and try to post those in the article.  In time I'm sure we will find out but it might take a DNA test.  If one has been done I'd love to hear about it!
> Steve

> P. longilaminatum was a synpony

> Conrad Fleming wrote:

> Dear Steve,
> I've never so far had much success with P. alternans.  Vegetatively, it is definitely not P. crassinervium.  I'd like to try a cutting again, if you ever find a source.  And remember my dearely beloved P, longilaminatum?  This is another one that has been sunk into synonymy to P. crassinervium.  I despair of ever finding a source for that one---apart from botanical gardens like Kew and Belgium, who refuse to have anything to do with collectors like us.
> All the best,
> Conrad

Marcus A. Nadruz Coelho
Pesquisador Titular III
Diretoria de Pesquisas
Instituto de Pesquisas Jardim Botanico do Rio de
21 32042144

Aroid-L mailing list