Re: Aroid Plantmen (Susan B)

  • Subject: Re: Aroid Plantmen (Susan B)
  • From: "Betsy Feuerstein" <ecuador10@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 11:37:16 -0500

I know there are several couples in the Miami area who have been in the
Aroid world since the beginning. I do not remember names but just maybe
someone from the area will fill in their names. These were the early people
who showed up to meetings and brought plants and were there when the show
was on in those early days. Please let's not forget them. This may well take
the help of the locals to bring this information out. I also know there are
many aroid growers in the Miami area who have been supportive of the society
for years. Let's not forget them. Bruce McAlpin is one that comes to mind
who used to live in the Miami area but has moved to the west coast  now.
Good grower indeed and one of those knowledgeable folks who sort of stayed
in the background until you saw some gorgeous plant at a show that blew you
away that they had grown. I would hope that we do not forget these people.

Betsy