Re: Arisarum proboscideum

Thank you all for your input.  The plant in question has 15 or so petioles in
this 2" square pot ranging from 3" in height down to 1.25".  The petioles are
all green.  Most of the petiole are topped with three leaves, the largest
3.5" long by 1.625" wide.  Some of the petioles are topped by a single leaf,
some by a single leaf that appears not to have completely seperated from the
two lower leaves.  Many of the petioles   have developed "bulbils" at the
axis where the leaves join the petiole.  The bulbils develop a pointy shape,
from which a new leaf appears.  Prior to the appearance of the new leaf, the
bulbil has a brownish band midwayup the roundish part, the elongated pointy
shape is streaked with fine reddish dashes or dots. I cut open the most
mature bulbil with a razor this A.M. and the bulbil is cream colored inside
and shows no resemblance to a flowering mechanism.  I shall not offer this at
the seedling sale but will bring it with me, perhaps some "Guru" will be able
to ID this for me.
                             Thanks
                              Mark Mazer  Gaylordsville CT. Zone 5