Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 14:37:01 -0400
Subject: RE: Message from Ron Gagliardo

>Does anyone know if the ABG titanum was pollinated with the
>pollen from the FTG titanum flower? I know that pollen was collected from
>the ABG flower for a possible third flower. It also seemed like the ABG
>flower lasted much longer than the FTG flower. Was it in a cooler area?
>The pollen from FTG never arrived and until Craig returns, no
>one knows what happened to it.  No fed exp. receipts, etc.  Black hole. .
.............. .
We did collect pollen for the next one.  The bud is just starting to
grow and it's still a little early to tell for sure if it will
be a flower, but it's likely as this one was from the same seed lot
and was actually larger in leaf than the one that flowered a few weeks
back.  If so, approx. bloom date?  Maybe late Aug, early sept.  Maybe
they're on a holiday schedule, which would mean Labor Day!  Ours did last a
bit longer, maybe because of cooler conditions in the lobby of the
conservatory, but more likely because it was on a huge root system (we
had not dug this one in years, allowing it to go dormant/grow in the same
VERY VERY large pot). Who knows? BTW, the one that finished flowering last
week has started sending up a new leaf!!!
	Ron Gagliardo
	Fuqua Conservatory
	Atlanta Botanical Garden