Alocasia reversa wrote:

>      Dear Krzysztof,
>      `Really pretty Alocasia' looks like a non-peltate form of A. reversa
>      (Sarawak)

I have more photos of this plant at, including a recent
inflorescence closeup.

Actually, there are both peltate and non-peltate laves on the same plant! The two
juvenile leaves are very much peltate, the later two are defnitely non-peltate -
the main posterior veins are exposed for at least 1/2 inch away from the petiole.

I looked also at Lester Kallus' photos of A.reversa at, and I suspect one of our plants
is not what it is labeled as (or is this a highly variable species?).

Alistair, would you have time to take another look at these pages? The
inflorescence photos should show at about 2x magnification on typical resolution
monitors (the actual size is 2" from the bottom of the spathe to the tip of the
spadix), so they should be more helpful in confirming its identity...

Krzysztof Kozminski
"Applying computer technology is simply finding the right wrench to
 pound in the correct screw."