Re: [Aroid-l] Cold-hardiest Climbing Aroids?

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Cold-hardiest Climbing Aroids?
  • From: "Petra Schmidt" <petra@plantdelights.com>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 09:36:08 -0500

Hi Ray,
There's a plantsman in the Chapel Hill area who has had Monstera deliciosa growing in his garden for at least 5 years or more now...granted it doesn't climb those trees like it does in Florida but it is hardy here.  We also have Philodendron bipinnatitidum (selloum) growing for the second year in the ground here and it has done amazingly well...in full sun even.  I've also seen it hardy in the Fayetteville, NC area.  Petra