[Aroid-l] Cold-hardiest Climbing Aroids?

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Cold-hardiest Climbing Aroids?
  • From: RAYMOMATTLA@cs.com
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 19:45:38 EST

I dont expect anyone to tell me there are any climbing Aroids that could live in my climate (USDA 7b-8a) which can drop to 10-15F each winter, but do any of the experts know which of the climbing aroids can be considered the hardiest?  I have heard Epipremnum aureum is growing as far north as Southern Georgia (USA) but probably not permanently.  Ive seen it personally growing quite tall up pine trees as far north as Jacksonville Florida.  Are there any other climbers (Rhaphidophora? Monstera?) that could take some winter cold with minimal damage?
Michael Mattlage
Aroid-l mailing list