Re: abscission

Dear Kevin,

	I'm really glad you raised this question because it's been on my
mind since I saw multiple Philodendron giganteum inflorescences in Puerto
Rico which on gross observation seemed to form some zone from which
the post-anthesis structure breaks off.

	Notice how careful I am not to say abscission layer cause I just
don't know what's going on physiologically.

	I'd very much like to hear from other people too.

					Jane Whitehill