Arum maculatum

Peter Boyce or other Arumettes:

        We are growing a number of arums, and are thoroughly confused with
Arum maculatum.  None of the plants that we are growing as A. maculatum are
solid green or spotted black.  They are all patterned with silver.  Could I
assume that all of these are actually A. italicum or hybrids between the two.

        Also, I got two specimens labeled A. maculatum 'Variegated' from
Pontzyfield Herb Nursery in Scottland.  They appear to be classic heavily
silver patterened A. italicum except that they never went dormant this past
summer when all others died down.  They still look great now...what is
Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery
9241 Sauls Road
Raleigh, NC  27603
ph 919 772-4794
fx 919 662-0370
USDA zone 7, 0F-100F
"I Consider Every Plant Hardy Until I Have Killed It Myself...Three Times" -