Re: seed culture

Ray,

Thankyou so much for the input. A. triphyllum will grow and bloom easily here,
but I've not seen fruit.  However, I thought seed might require chilling and
am glad to learn that it doesn't.  We're growing them in our camellia beds.
Normally, the temp will go down to freezing at least once a year, but often
there will be warmer or far colder years--17deg F is the coldest I've seen.
Perhaps this will give you a feeling for our 'range'.  The plants are left in
the ground all year.  They would probably grow 'prettier' with the
refrigerator treatment and I haven't studied them to determine if they perform
better after cold winters.  Must try a study---when someone provides more
hours in the day!!

Very best,
Lynn