Date:          Fri, 05 Dec 1997 09:53:18 -0500 (EST)
From:          Michael Marcotrigiano <marcotrigiano@pssci.umass.edu>
Subject:       Amorphophallus surplus
To:            chapman@premier.net
Cc:            zhu@mobot.org

Dear Sir: I am a researcher at the Univ. of Massachusetts.  My work
involves propagating plants in tissue culture.  A few years ago I began
work in the genus Amorphophallus using A. konjac as my model since there
were sources to get starting material.  Experiments worked well and I now
have about 500 corms of A. konjac.  I would like to find a source to sell
them so the money could be recycled into my research program.  I would
also like to try my methods on other species.  Last year we tried A.
bulbifer and it looks very promising.  So my question is this.  Could you
suggest a method by which I might have success selling my tubers?  How
about obtaining other species?

Any help greatly appreciated
Michael Marcotrigiano
Associate Professor