Re: native North American aroids

Yes, you have quite adequately assessed the situation. The government would
never think of limiting any commercial operation's profits, so we sure know
who is being served here, don't we?

<< Donna, thanks for the explanation.  What you're implying by this is that
 the New York garden centers are within their rights selling these plants
 (despite their obscene profit margin) where they can't possibly survive a
 winter but that I might end up in jail for the pistia I brought back from
 a Florida pond.
 Ah well, perhaps someone in the group will send me cookies while I serve
 time.  I wonder: can Aroideana be forwarded to a prison?