Re: native North American aroids

-----Original Message-----
From: StellrJ@aol.com <StellrJ@aol.com>
To: ju-bo@msn.com <ju-bo@msn.com>
Date: Wednesday, December 15, 1999 9:55 AM
Subject: Re: native North American aroids

>I am a little confused, because you mention Acorus, but then you abbreviate
it C.>

Dear Jason,
Sorry, I meant to type 'Acorus calamus', NOT 'C' (Calla!) palustris!  Am
trying to do too many things all at once, and messed up.   Dr. Sue Thompson
gave an excellent lecture on these at MOBOT earlier this year, that is where
I got the info on these two species, one native and used by the Native
Indians, the other introduced.

In a message dated 12/11/1999 11:26:45 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ju-bo@email.msn.com writes:

> There
>  are two species of this in N. America, one native (I believe it is C.
>  americanus) and the other C.palustris, is introduced.

So, which of these corresponds to Acorus calamus, the species I knew about?

Jason Hernandez