Re: native North American aroids

Hello all Aroid Friends,
Has anyone heard or has information on the following---I have heard that the
USDA has deemed Colocasia AND CALADIUM 'bad' genera and has/will ban their
import starting next May??   This has been bantered around here in Florida
for a while, a T`dadian friend was trying to import eddoes a couple of years
ago, and the growers here in Florida made the USDA stop him importing,
claiming it hurt their buisness, and that it may introduce pests.   Then I
heard they were working on banning the import of all Colocasia and
Caladiums, and just this week I heard that it has passed and will be
implemented early next year!
This is BAD news IF it is true, and I wonder if anyone can confirm it, and
if anything can now be done to 'fight' it?