RE: Typhonium pedunculatum

Dear Wilbert,
	Thanks for clearing up the "mystery" which once again, when you learn a
few facts turns out to not be a mystery at all.  Because I plan on using it
in our study, I would appreciate learning more about it, its placement in
which Typhonium section, its habitat and country (exact location,
preferably), collector.  This is all the type data which I'm sure you will
include in a publication, but would appreciate a short note now. 	Also
would very much like a picture (preferably a slide) which I could use in a
talk I will be giving in early March on Araceae.  It would be nice to show
that there is still much to learn in the family.

Thanks very much for the info.
Vic
At 10:51 AM 12/16/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>Dear Vic,
>
>In fact, it is a new species of which the name has not been officially
>published yet. Yours trule is going to do that, but the manuscript isn't
>finished. There will be a publication, maybe in one of the next Aroideana
>issues, with several new Typhonium species. John asked me in St. Louis, if
>he could use the name already and I said o.k. There's a thin line between
>what's wise and what isn't in such circumstances but I decided that everyone
>buyng the thing would be helped in already having a name attached to it,
>that is going to be the right one anyway. I have scans of the plant in
>flower, so if anyone wants to have that in his/her email, let me know (I
>hope only a FEW!!!!).
>
>Cheers,
>Wilbert

Victor G. Soukup