RE: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus leaf propagation

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus leaf propagation
  • From: "MJ Hatfield" mjhatfield@oneota.org
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 04:49:04 -0600

tsuh yang,
I've done the exact same thing with more mature Amorphophallus "stems",
stuck the broken off ones into water and a month(s) or so later, a fattened
end. Unfortunately, I've never kept tract of what species I stick into the
water because I never actually expect it to work. I too hate to lose any
plant (Well, except for some of those Asian invasive plants in my woods and
prairies that have been dug, cut, sprayed, wacked and burned for several
years and still I must continue to work to reduce their numbers.)

But how do you handle the stem swelling after you take it out of the water?
MJ Hatfield

Aroid-l mailing list