Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron list

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron list
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 15:58:55 +0000

>From: Wrig14@aol.com
>To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
>Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron list
>Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 17:30:02 ESTTDear Joe,

Your note made me go find the article in question, this should put to rest any questions remaining on this wonderful plant--- Aroideana Vol. 24, pg. 18---"Notes on a Wild Population of Philodendron spiritus-sancti G. S. Bunting (Philodendron 'Santa Leopoldiana')" by Eduardo G. Goncalves and Emerson R. Salviani. EVERYONE should read this wonderful article, good photos and drawings, an urgent appeal that details the danger this species is in of going extinct in the wild.
So---Gearge Bunting formally described the plant in 1989, and the mentioned recent article in Aroideana tells you everything you always wanted to know about this rare and wonderful Philo. sp.!! It is a 'GOOD' and formally described species, its correct scientific name is Philodendron spiritus-scanti G. S. Bunting., and Philodendron 'Santa Leopoldiana' is another but non-valid name used for the species. Hope all is well w/ you and yours, old friend!

Sincerely and 'Good Growing',

Julius

,Thank to all for your input on the philodenron id,s it has been helpful but