Re: [Aroid-l] Mystery Alocasia

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Mystery Alocasia
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:24:58 +0000

>From: "Peter Boyce" <peterboyce@myjaring.net>
>To: "Discussion of aroids" <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
>Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Mystery Alocasia
>Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 08:03:58 +0800

Hello Pete and LariAnn,

My thoughts exactly, I thought it might be the result of LariAnn`s creation, A. 'portadora', crossed w/ an 'amazonica', or back-crossed to one of the 'good' species that have the light veins, perhaps A. sanderiana or somesuch.
I know little about the genus, it is just a 'gut' feeling, Pete is one of the experts!
Good Growing, all.

Hi LariAnn