RE: [Aroid-l] Florida Citrus

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Florida Citrus
  • From: "Tropicals" Tropicals@SolutionsAnalysis.net
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:44:08 -0500

We concur.  Unfortunately, both the Asian scale and citrus canker have invaded central Florida; it remains far worse in south Florida as we understand from our inspector.  We’ve not heard of the physical abuse but see on the news regularly that another neighborhood has been notified and they are scheduling removal with residents. That does not mean it does not happen; we’ve just not heard of it until reading in Aroid-l.

You can, with persistent usage of Volk oil or bifenthrin (Talstar) will treat the cycads; there is no apparent ‘treatment’ other than removal for the tress with citrus canker…Christian

   AlterNative Solutions Team

www.SolutionsAnalysis.net

 TROPICAL PLANT NURSERY