Re: Need some advice for aroids in outdoor condition climate zone 7

  • Subject: Re: Need some advice for aroids in outdoor condition climate zone 7
  • From: "ncrisler" <ncrisler@cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:50:43 -0500

Dracunculus vulgaris-----here in Norfolk, VA I have many in ground year round (zone 7b) .  Quite the neighborhood occasion when in "bloom".  All the neighbors gather round the plants along with the swarms of flies attracted to their (the plants) putrid odor.
Most get morning sun, and oldest (10 years) is as tall as I, 5'6".

Noel