Re: Amorphophallus titanum

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus titanum
  • From: Alex Popovkin <popovkin@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:43:24 -0300

Marek asked:ÂCan a Latin feminine word end with -us?

Some of the feminine nouns of the 3rd declension: e.g.,Âpalus 'marsh, bog, swamp',Âvirtus 'virtue'.

Alex Popovkin, Bahia, Brazil
-12.01 -38.02
Over 8,150 images of local flora (and fauna): http://bit.ly/9d0YRA

http://popovkin.wordpress.com/
http://www.google.com/profiles/popovkin
twitter @popovkin
"Nomina si nescis, perit et cognitio rerum" (Carl Linnaeus, Philosophia Botanica)