Spring transplanting of Arum maculatum

  • Subject: Spring transplanting of Arum maculatum
  • From: Don Martinson <llmen@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 19:40:22 -0600

We have had an exceedingly mild winter here in SE Wisconsin and the ground
is barely, if at all frozen.  Would it be possible to dig and transplant a
piece of Arum maculatum (assuming I can locate it) before it sprouts
(usually in late April or early May here), or would I be better off waiting
until Fall when the foliage begins to die back?

Any advice appreciated.

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

mailto:llmen@wi.rr.com