Peru collecting

Dear aroiders
I may have the opportunity to visit Peru in January 1998. My sister Jane
is a golf pro playing on the LPGA tour in the US and she is based in
Wellington FL. There is a pro-am in Lima that is organised by Alicia
Dibos, a Peruvian pro on the LPGA tour. I am thinking of accompanying my
sister to act as caddy and then wind up the trip with a few days of
Philodendron collecting- my sister is a keen orchid grower as well.

Does anyone have any direct experience in plant collecting in Peru?
Where are the best areas to collect in? Can Philo cuttings be exported
okay and do you need an export permit? Any help , ideas , experiences
would be much appreciated.
kind regards Neil

Neil Crafter
Adelaide Australia