Re: Am. titanum cutting experience ...

>I used only one cutting taken from a leaf that was turning yellow
>anyway. Now after 3 months I have a thickening of the stem of approx. 5
>mm and 2 roots growing out of it. At this time there is still no sign of
>any leafs forming, but I am patient. I hope I can comment on any
>developments in that direction in the following weeks ( months? ).

Anne,
Please give us specifics here. Did you take the entire petiole? Or did you
take one "branch" of the the leaf at the top of the petiole? How did you
treat the cutting?

Needless to say, this it encouraging news for the propagation of non-bulbil
forming species. Have you tried it with any other species?

Carlo

Carlo A. Balistrieri, J.D.        mailto:CABalist@facstaff.wisc.edu
P.O. Box 327
Ashippun, WI 53003-0327
U.S.A.
Voice:     414.569.1902  Telefax: same number, please call ahead.